Sunday, October 5, 2008

Featured Artist: Week of 10/05-10/11


Stacy from California is the proud owner and creator of leaky mouth bibs.


Would you like to get to know Stacy? Here's a little bit about her...
Stacy is the mother of two. Her daughter is 10 1/2 years old and her son and inspiration for her bibs is 15 months old. After the birth of Stacy's son her family had a bit of a financial crisis. In an attempt to conserve money Stacy began making bibs and wash clothes for her own use even though she had only been sewing for a short time. She has been making bibs for about a year now and they are getting RAVE reviews.


After lots of trial and error she finally found a style and fabric combination that worked and kept my son's shirts dry. Stacy says, "He was the ultimate drooler and I would go through 10 bibs a day or more!"

Skull Printed Bib

I had a few questions for Stacy and here's what she had to say:


What is your favorite material to work with? One of my favorite fabrics is 100% cotton, I also love hemp fleece. I love cotton because it's simple and original. I love hemp fleece- mostly for the antifungal, antibacterial properties. Plus it's breathable, recyclable and non-allergenic. I also like PUL, I find it to be safe and unique!

Why did you decide to start selling bibs? When I was around town I had so many strangers compliment them and asked where to buy them. I then decided to sell them. I did some research and found Etsy.

How long have you been on Etsy? I opened my shop in April, but then didn't have the internet for another month! So I didn't start selling my bibs until May 08.

What do you love about Etsy? I absolutely fell in love with the Etsy community. So many wonderful, honest and loving people are in Etsy. Etsy's admin and other sellers too are always in the forums to help and cheer others on. I love to promote Etsy.

Do you have any new projects up your sleeves? I recently found an unique formula to make your own laundry soap, it saves you a ton of money! You can buy my trial kit in my shop and try it out to see if it's something you would like to make for the future. I use my own laundry soap for all my clothes, family clothing and my sons cloth diapers! It's better than anything I've used before and you can make a Gallon for only a few dollars.



Take advantage of Stacy's BUY ONE GET SECOND 1/2 OFF SALE going on right now!

Make your own soap and save $$$!

What her buyers have to say:

I can't wait to try this! Thanks for making this great kit!

______________________________________________________________

So cute! Thank you very much. This will be perfect for my son's 1st birthday!

______________________________________________________________

Great product, very helpful seller! Thank you :)

______________________________________________________________

So cute, loved them. Thank you so much.

______________________________________________________________


No comments: